Monday 1 July 2013

Lifestyle Diet

I was always a fan of karma. It was appealing to me, the idea that if I'm a nice person karma would ensure I stayed out of harm's way, and hopefully got a little luck thrown in there, but after a while I've realised that karma doesn't work like that. The positivity I get back is from the gratitude of others, and the good vibes from knowing I've done some good. My theory is that feeling good can only ever attract good things.

Along the same vein, welcoming the positive stuff means shunning the negativity. I've found this to be a little more difficult, but reminded myself that everybody makes mistakes, and issues don't come from making these mistakes, but in how I deal with them. It's also been about removing any bad influences that can bring about negativity. I've had to let go of some friendships because they did me more harm than good.

It's so easy to let things fall into disarray and take no responsibilty for my actions. Recently I made a conscious decision to stay out of something as it wasn't anything to do with me, and my lack of action invited a backlash. I don't think I could have done anything differently, but it seems the thing that saved me was that I held my hands up and said 'this is what I did and why I did it. I understand that you're upset with me, but please understand why this happened.'
If I'd acted differently though, how would things have panned out? There probably wouldn't be much change at all to be honest, but don't think I'd have as much respect for myself.

We are only human and it's impossible to keep everybody happy all the time, but I can at least try and keep my conscience clean with the knowledge that any active choices I make are undertaken with the best intentions. Karma doesn't just reward the good and punish the bad. Bad things will still happen to good people, and vice versa. I've just got to go looking for the good and ensure I don't take things for granted.

Looking for the good means different things for different people. I'm trying to spend more time with people who make me happy. I'm actively looking for another job (I want to get my career going) and trying to always have something to look forward to. I'm having a real go at accepting myself for who I am, instead of pointing out my flaws all the time.

This has been a rather rambling post, but come at me, karma. I've got more positive vibes than you could shake a stick at.

No comments:

Post a Comment